Interested in what my current setup is? Well, here is what I’m currently using for my day to day development.
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015). Yes it has lots of ports and I like that!
- Apple Wireless Keyboard
- Apple Magic Trackpad
- Dell P2715Q 5K Monitor
- Dell AC511 Soundbar
- Cisco DX80 for Video collaboration
I’m currently using the following extensions:
- Editor Config
- Git History
- npm Intellisense
- open in github
- View Node Package
I was using iTerm2 heavily until the terminal support in VS Code became so good, I didn’t really need it. I still use it for strictly terminal things #justterminalthings, but having it in the same window as the project I’m working on works well for me.
Terminal enhancements I use:
- nvm for node version management
- oh-my-git for git command line goodness
- git-completion.bash for git completion
- bash-completion for more fun completion
- Spotify Pro is always running
- Gifbar for all my gif finding needs
- Dash for documentation
- Sourcetree for searching through git history